Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)
From 01-Jan-2017, the Maternity Benefit Programme would be implemented in all the districts of the country in accordance with the provision of the National Food Security Act, 2013. The programme is named as Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY). About Scheme details, Guidelines, Forms and Notifications can be seen at GOI Website http://www.wcd.nic.in/schemes/pradhan-mantri-matru-vandana-yojana
Under PMMVY, a cash incentive of Rs. 5000/- would be provided directly in the account of Pregnant Women(PW) and Lactating Mothers (LM) for first living child of the family subject to their fulfilling specific conditions relating to Maternal and Child Health.
The eligible beneficiaries would receive the remaining cash incentives as per approved norms towards maternity benefit under Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) after institutional delivery so that on an average, a woman will get Rs. 6000/-
Objectives of PMMVY:
- Providing partial compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentives so that the woman can take adequate rest before and after delivery of the first living child.
- The cash incentive provided would lead to improved health seeking behaviour amongst the Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers (PW&LM).
- All Pregnant Women(PW) and Lactating Mothers (LM), excluding PW&LM who are in regular employment with the Central Government or the State Governments or PSUs or those who are in receipt of similar benefits under any law for the time being in force.
- All eligible Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers who have their pregnancy on or after 01.01.2017 for first child in family
The date and stage of pregnancy for a beneficiary would be counted with respect to her Last Menstrual Period (LMP) date as mentioned in the Mother and Child Protection Card MCP card .
Case of Miscarriage or Still Birth:
- A beneficiary is eligible to receive benefits under the scheme only once.
- In case of miscarriage or still birth, the beneficiary would be eligible to claim the remaining instalment(s) in event of any future pregnancy.
- Thus, after receiving the 1st instalment, if the beneficiary has a miscarriage, she would only be eligible for receiving 2nd and 3rd instalment in event of future pregnancy subject to fulfillment of eligibility criterion and conditionalities of the scheme. Similarly, if the beneficiary has a miscarriage or still birth after receiving 1st and 2nd instalments, she would only be eligible for receiving 3rd instalment in event of future pregnancy subject to fulfillment of eligibility criterion and conditionalities of the scheme.
Case of Infant Mortality:
- A beneficiary is eligible to receive benefits under the scheme only once. That is, in case of infant mortality, she will not be eligible for claiming benefits under the scheme, if she has already received all the instalments of the maternity benefit under PMMVY earlier.
- Pregnant and Lactating AWWs/ AWHs/ ASHA may also avail the benefits under the PMMVY subject to fulfillment of scheme conditionalities.
Benefits under PMMVY:
- Cash incentives in three instalments i.e. first instalment of Rs. 1000/- on early registration of pregnancy at the Anganwadi Centre (AWC)/ approved Health facility as may be identified by the respective administering State/ UT, second instalment of Rs. 2000/- after six months of pregnancy on receiving at least one ante-natal check-up (ANC) and third instalment of Rs. 2000/- after child birth is registered and the child has received the first cycle of BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis-B, or its equivalent/ substitute.
- The eligible beneficiaries would receive the incentive given under the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) for Institutional delivery and the incentive received under JSY would be accounted towards maternity benefits so that on an average a woman gets Rs. 6000/-.
Conditionalities and Instalments
PW&LM shall receive a cash benefit of Rs. 5000/- in three instalments at the following stages as specified in the table given below:
|Early Registration of Pregnancy,
Register her pregnancy at the Anganwadi Centre along with required doucment with in 150 Days from LMP as mentioned in MCP Card.
|1. Duly Filled Application Form 1-A.
2. Copy of MCP Card (Date of LMP and Registration Health ID ) duly certified by rank of ANM and above.
3. Copy of Aadhaar Card (Both Husband and Wife) or Identity Proof.
4. Copy of Bank / Post Office Account Passbook(Name, Bank, Branch, Account Number, IFSC, MICR) of Beneficiary only. Joint Accounts not acceptable.
|Received at least one Ante-Natal Check-up (ANC).Can be claimed post 180 days of LMP
||1. Duly Filled Application Form 1-B.
2. Copy of MCP Card (Date of ANC) duly certified by rank of ANM and above.
3. Copy of Aadhaar Card.
4. Copy of Acknowledgment Slip Form 1-A.
|1. Child Birth is Registered.
2. Child has received First Cycle of Immunizations of BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis-B or its equivalent/ substitute
|1. Duly filled Application Form 1-C.
2. Copy of MCP Card (Details of Immunizations) duly certified by rank of ANM and above.
3. Copy of Aadhaar Card.
4. Child Birth Registration Certificate
5. Copy of Acknowledgment Slip Form 1-A, 1-B.
The beneficiary can only apply for the scheme within 730 days from the date of beneficiary's Last Menstrual Period subject to the eligibility conditions of the scheme. LMP registered in the MCP Card will be the Date of Pregnancy to be considered in this respect.
In cases where LMP date is not recorded in MCP Card viz. a beneficiary is coming for claim of third installment under the scheme, the claim in such cases must be submitted within 460 days from the date of birth of child beyond which period no claim shall be entertained.
Forms and guide line can be seen at: -
About PMMVY Scheme details, Guidelines, Forms, CAS User Manual and Notifications etc can be seen at GOI Website http://www.wcd.nic.in/schemes/pradhan-mantri-matru-vandana-yojana
Deputy Director PMMVY
Department of Women and Child Development
Government of NCT of Delhi,
1, Canning Lane(Pandit Ravi Shankar Shukla Lane),
Near Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Bus Stop,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi - 110001.
Phone:- 011 - 23380329