II. SHORT STAY HOMES
The Department is running Short Stay Homes for women in distress.
- To provide temporary shelter and support to women and girls who have no social support systems to rely on.
- To rehabilitate the women and girls socially and economically by provision of skill training, counselling.
Eligibility Conditions for the NGO under the Scheme
- Those who, as a result of family tension or discord, are made to leave their homes without any means of subsistence and have no social protection from exploitation and/or are facing litigation on account of marital disputes.
- Those who escape from their homes due to family problems.
- Girls, between the age group of 15 to 35 years to be given preference.
- Children accompanying the mother or born in the Institution may be permitted to stay in the Home only upto the age of 6 years, after which they may be transferred to children's institutions or provided foster care facilities.
- The Organization should have a properly constituted Managing Body with its powers, duties, duties and responsibilities clearly defined and laid down in written. Its financial position should be sound. It should have facilities, resources, experience and personnel to run the institution.
- Any Institution running Short Stay for women shall apply for License on Form I of WCIL Act. The folowing institutions have been provided license by the department.
List of organization provided license under Women's and Children's Institutions (Licensing) Act. 1956 to run Short Stay Home for women:-
|S.No.||Name of the Organization ||Name of Short Stay Home and Address of the Organization the||Contact Details|
|1.||New Generation Trust.|| Atulya Home for Women, E-36, Paryavaran Complex, Neb Sarari, New Delhi-110030 ||011-29531804
|2.||All India Women Conference. || Bapnu Ghar, Swadhaar Greh, Sarojini House, 6 Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi-110001 ||011-23389314
|3.||Sisters of the Destitute.||Shantidham Home for The Destitute Women, Khera Khurd, Delhi-110082 ||011-27874091
|4.||Jivodaya Ashralayam.||Jivodaya Ashralayam, A-Block, Shiv Vihar, Vikas Nagar, New Delhi-110059 ||011-27253204, 27418672
|5.|| Young Women Christain Assocation (YWCA).||Rajkumari Amrit Kaur Shelter Home, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001. ||011-43553142, 23362779
|6.||Shakti Shalini.||Pehchan Shelter Home, 6/30-B, Lower Ground Floor, Kargil Park Lane, Jungpura-B, New Delhi-110014.||011-24373737|
|7.||Rehab Centre for Hope.||Rehab Centre for Hope, House No. 15-16, Block-F, Street No.-1A, Qutab Vihar, Phase-1,New Delhi-110071
. ||9560033780, 9818098178
Women Empowerment Cell, Phone 011-23383667, 23070996, 23388818 Fax: 23070379