This scheme was been transferred from the Department for the Welfare of SC/ST/OBC/Min. to Social Welfare Department from the financial year 2006-07. At present it is being implemented by Department of Women & Child Development GNCTD. The aim of the scheme is to provide financial assistance of Rs. 30,000/- to the poor widows for performing marriage of their daughters so as to enable them to meet expenses involved in solemnizing marriage of their daughters and also to orphan girls for their marriage. Application must be deposited before or after 60 days of marriage only at District offices, of Social Welfare & Women and Child Development.
Eligibility conditions for Financial Assistance:
1) The applicant must be a bonafide resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for at least five years preceding the date of application.
2) The age of daughter should not be less than 18 years
3) The annual income of the applicant should not exceed Rs. 60,000/-
The following documents shall be attached with the application: -
1) A copy of ration card or voter identity card or any other document as a proof of residence, which clearly shows at least 5 years of residence in Delhi;
2) A copy of date of birth certificate of the girl child.
3) A self–declaration by the applicant regarding his/her income.
4) Death Certificate of husband.
5) Marriage Invitation Card or Marriage Certificate.
6) A recommended by area MLA/MP or Gazetted officer of State /Central Govt.
7) All documents to be attested.
In case of any clarification the following officer may be contacted in his office during working hours
Deputy Director FAS,
Department of Women and Child Development.
Government of NCT of Delhi.
01 Canning Lane,Pandit Ravi Shankar Shukla Lane,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Delhi 110001. Contact No:- 011-23387715.
Application form is available at District Offices.