III. DELHI LADLI SCHEME
Delhi Ladli Scheme was launched by the Government of NCT of Delhi on 01.01.2008 for empowerment of girl children born in Delhi.
- To empower the girl child socially and economically.
- To promote birth registration of girl child.
- To control female foeticide and to improve sex ratio.
- To end discrimination against the girl child.
- To promote education among the girls and reduce school drop-out rate of girl students.
- To provide security to girl students for their higher education.
- Department of WCD acknowledges the support of Directorate of Education, MCD, NDMC, in the implementation of Ladli Scheme.
- The State Bank Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (SBIL) is the Fund Manager of the scheme.
*Under the Scheme financial assistance is provided in the form of term deposits - Rs. 11,000/- if born in hospital or Rs. 10,000/- if born at home at the time of registration and Rs.5,000/- each in further five milestones i.e., Class I, VI, IX, XI & XII.
- Girl should be born in Delhi as shown by the birth certificate issued by the Registrar (Births & Deaths), MCD/NDMC.
- The applicant must be a bonafide resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for at least three years preceding the date of birth of the girl child.
- Annual family income should not exceed Rs.1 lac.
- If girl is school going, her school must be recognized by Delhi Govt. / MCD / NDMC.
- Benefit of the scheme is limited to two surviving girls per family.
- Three years residence proof in Delhi prior to registration
- Income Certificate/Affidavit showing annual income of the family
- Birth certificate of the girl child issued by the Registrar of MCD/NDMC
- Group photo of parents with the girl child.
- Caste certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC.
- Copy of Aadhar Card of the parents and the child, if available.
Pattern of Financial Assistance
Under the scheme financial assistance in the name of eligible girls is sanctioned at the following stages:
||Stage of Financial Assistance
||Amount (in Rs.)|
||For Institutional Delivery
||11000/-(provided the girl is born in the last one year)|
||For Delivery at Home
||10000/-(provided the girl is born in the last one year)|
||On admission in Class I
||On admission in Class VI
||On admission in Class IX
||On passing Class X
||On admission in Class XII
Maturity amount at the end of lock-in-period will vary depending on the stage at which each girl child enters the scheme and registers under it.
Financial Arrangements for Implementation Of this Scheme
- The prescribed applications forms can be obtained from the respective District Women and Child Development Officer, WCD, Govt. of Delhi / Govt. Recognized Schools and submitted to the concerned District Office, in case of school going girl within 90 days of admission of the girl and in case of newly born girls within a year of the birth.
- Financial arrangements for implementation of this scheme have been made with the SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd. and with the State Bank of India.
- The amount is sanctioned in the name of the girl child and is deposited with SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (SBIL) which manages the amount till the girl attains the age of 18 years and passes Class-X or takes admission in Class-XII since on attaining the milestone the girl child can claim the maturity amount.
- This scheme envisages periodic payments by the Govt. in name of the girl child, would be kept as fixed deposit in her name and redeemed along with accrued interest when the child reaches 18 years of age and has passed the Xth / XIIth class as a regular student.
Maturity Claim Procedure
- The girls registered under the scheme shall file maturity claim after passing 10th standard if they are 18 yrs old or have passed 12th standard.
- Students are required to submit an application along with the acknowledgement letter received from SBIL; residential address; mark sheet of 10th or 12th (whichever is applicable); copy of the Bank Passbook showing the account number; mobile/landline number.
- Beneficiary girls are required to open a ZERO BALANCE SAVING ACCOUNT with the State Bank of India by showing the acknowledgement letter received from the bank.
- Prior to this stage, money is transferred to the Unique ID number of the beneficiary girl child, allotted by the State Bank of India.
Registration at Schools
Renewal Process at Schools
The girl children or the parents may contact at the Toll Free Number of State Bank of India or the respective District Office of the Dept. of WCD, Delhi Govt. for any clarifications.